Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And so it begins…

I had an epiphany this morning... I'm old. Rebekah has been telling me this for quite some time now, but I just waved that off as pre-teen garble. But dang it, this morning I was slapped with some reality.

You see, Rebekah's friend needed a ride to school today, fine, I can do that. While I was getting ready I realized that I had never met this friend's mother. So of course being the psycho that I am, I started wondering what this mother was like. How old she was, my age? older? younger? Normal thoughts, right?

Anyway, so then I started thinking about Zackery and how he will be starting kindergarten this fall *sigh*, and realized, I will probably be one of the 'older' mothers. Notice I said, oldER, not OLD. As I pondered this, getting a little uncomfortable, it hit me... *slam*.

I was the exact same age when I had Zackery as my mother was when she had me! and she was .... *sigh*.... old.

Reality check!

Ok, so now that I'm wise (not old), I realize that 33 is NOT too old to have a baby. And 38 is NOT old! (just nod and agree)

BUT, when I was 5... and MY mom was 38, she was old. Old! *sigh*

Now I understand why Rebekah calls me old!

BUT I'M NOT OLD!! *stamping foot*
I have no gray hair! I still have all my own teeth, oh snap, ok minus one. I don't eat dinner at lunch time, lunch at breakfast and breakfast at 4a.m. I can remember things, well most things. I don't frequent 60 minutes (much). I don't drive under the speed limit, or fart in public! I AM NOT OLD!

or am I? =)

One thing I have noticed is that the 'older' I get, the faster life happens. Such as today... did you know it's May 5th? May! When did that happen? School is going to be out... then Zack will start kindergarten, then birthdays, holy cow! *sigh*















Ok, just to give you a preview. I am planting a garden... well I've been TRYING to plant a garden for over a month now. Over the next few posts I plan on covering my experience with this new project, which to say the least, has been quite an interesting feat! Stay tuned!
-B

1 comment: